MacroDroid is the easiest way to automate your daily tasks on your Android smartphone or tablet. Via the smart user interface MacroDroid offers a simple solution to make automated tasks on your device in just a few taps.
MacroDroid helps you by automating the activities you did manually before, and customize them in a way you want it to work for you. A few examples of how MacroDroid can help you to get automated:
# Optimize your daily workflow on your phone; switch on bluetooth and start playing music when you enter your car. Or switch on WiFi when you are near your house.
# Reduce battery drain (like dimming your screen and switching Wifi off)
# Saving on roaming costs (automatically switch off your Data)
# Increasing safety during commuting by reading your incoming notifications (via Text to Speech) and sending automated responses via email or SMS
# Make custom sound and notification profiles.
# Remind you to do certain tasks using timers and stopwatches.
These are just a few examples out of hundreds of scenarios where MacroDroid can make your Android life a little easier. With only 3 simple steps this is how it works:
1. Select a Trigger.
The trigger is the cue for the macro to start. MacroDroid offers 65 triggers to start your macro, i.e. location based triggers (like GPS, cell towers, etc), device status triggers (like battery level, app starting/closing), sensor triggers (like shaking, light levels, etc) and connectivity triggers (like Bluetooth, Wifi and notification triggers).
Macros can be triggered automatically, but it is also possible to create a shortcut on the homescreen of your device or start using the unique and customizable Macrodroid sidebar.
2. Select the Actions you like to automate.
MacroDroid can automate more than 100 actions, which you normally would do by hand. Connect to your Bluetooth or Wifi device, select volume levels, speak text (like your incoming notifications or current time), start a timer, dim your screen and many more.
3. Optionally: Configure Constraints.
Constraints help you to let the macro fire only when you want it to.
Living near your work, but only want to connect to your company’s Wifi during work days? With a constraint you can select specific times or days that the macro can be invoked. MacroDroid offers 50 constraint types like: battery level, connected devices, time and day constraints, headphones insterted and many more.
MacroDroids unique interface offers a Wizard that guides step by step through the configuration of your first macros.
It is also possible to use an existing template from the template section and customize it to your needs.
The built-in forum allows you to get help from other users, allowing you to easy learn the ins and outs of MacroDroid.
For more experienced users
MacroDroid offers more comprehensive solutions like use of plugins, use of system/user defined variables, scripts, intents, advance routing like IF, THEN, ELSE clauses, use of AND + ORs
The free version of MacroDroid allows you to configure up to 5 macros. The Pro version (a small one time fee) unleashes the full power of MacroDroid and lets you create an unlimited amount of macros.
Please use the in-app forum for all usage questions and feature requests, or access the forums via www.macrodroid.com.
To report bugs please use the built in ‘Report a bug’ option available via the settings.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission (BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN). This permission is used by the failed login trigger (nothing else) and will only be enabled if you explicitly give MacroDroid device admin access from within the app.
This app uses Accessibility services. It is a useful tool to help those with disabilities use their device more easily. MacroDroid is widely embraced by the blind community and those with limited motor skills to provide simple automations to greatly simplify device usage.
- WHAT’S NEW
- User Reviews/Opinion:
- MacroDroid – Device Automation 3.28.4 (noarch) (Android 4.2+) FILE INFORMATION
- Old Versions
Added Battery Temperature trigger.
Added Battery Temperature constraint.
Added Battery Temperature magic text.
Added Week of year magic text.
Further tweaks to variable storage to attempt to prevent rare case where all variables get lost.
Fixed issue where Locale/Tasker plugin trigger would not work with some event plugins. (MacroDroid now works with the excellent Edge Sense Plus Tasker plugin)
Fixed issue where Calendar Log Entry action could incorrectly log to AM/PM when using a fixed time.
- Love the app! It’s sooo user friendly compared to taaker and keeps all the functionality. Please, however add functionality for IFTTT so if my phone passes a geofence it triggers an IFTTT command
- I want to organize my lots of photos based on the creation date of it and separate it in the folders named with year and month like “2018_10” which is automatically generated folders based on the file created date.if this app can do this for me ?
- This is a great app, I prefer much more over Tasker. It reminds me so much of Activator from the Jailbroken iOS days. It’s very simple and straightforward, but there is one huge problem I really hope the developer will fix right away. Despite me enabling accessibility access for this app, and device admin rights, I am constantly bombarded with the notification saying that in order for anything to work. I need to grant the app accessibility features / access. Well I’ve already done this. So I go through the settings and process of essentially re-granting accessibility access to the app again , only to find a few hours later, while I’m editing a new new macro; once again,I am asked to give the app accessibility permissions. It’s as though I have to constantly re-enable accessibility in spite me already having gone through the process of enabling and in settings
MacroDroid – Device Automation 3.28.4 (noarch) (Android 4.2+) FILE INFORMATION
File Size: 19.7 MB (20,658,363 bytes)
MacroDroid – Device Automation 3.28.3 (noarch) (Android 4.2+)
File Size: 19.7 MB (20,658,218 bytes)
MacroDroid – Device Automation 3.28.3 (noarch) (Android 4.2+)
MacroDroid – Device Automation 3.27.0 (noarch) (Android 4.2+)
FileSize: 19.69 MB (20,642,682 bytes)