It uses the VPNService API of Android 4.0+ and requires neither Jailbreak nor root on your telephone.
Can I get free Internet
No, this app is for connecting to an OpenVPN server.
How to connect
OpenVPN is a client software to connect to an OpenVPN server. It is not an APP selling or provding any VPN services.
It allows to your own/company/university/provider OpenVPN server or to the VPN service of many of the commercial
What is the difference between all the OpenVPN apps?
For more information about the different OpenVPN clients in the Playstore see this: http://ics-openvpn.blinkt.de/FAQ.html#faq_androids_clients_title
Access to your photos/media (Android older than 6.0)
This app implements a feature to import OpenVPN profiles from the SDCard/internal memory. Google categorizes this access “accessing your media and photos”
Only tun mode support (Sorry no tap, with Android 4.0 only tun can be supported).
Prerelease versions available by joining G+ group: https://plus.google.com/communities/114121831091105660092
Translate the app
If you want to help to translate OpenVPN into your native language look at the homepage of this project.
Please report bug/suggestions via email or at the code Google Code project. But please read the FAQ before writing me.
OpenSSL Heartbleed: OpenVPN for Android uses its own non vulnerable OpenSSL version. For more details about OpenVPN and Heartbleed see: https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/heartbleed
– Fix always visible status from last beta
– Fix default routes not installed with openvpn 3++
– Support ECDSA Certificates from Android keystore, OpenVPN 2.x only
– New OpenSSL Version (1.1.0h)
– Speed test for OpenSSL crypto algorithm
– Experimental support for OpenVPN 3 C++ core
– Implement .api.DisconnectVPN Intent for easy control from other apps
– Better proxy support including Tor(Orbot)
- Just set up my first openvpn server on a cloud machine and tried a few other popular opevpn clients and they were super slow for me on the downlink side. from 70mbps down to 30 or even 5mbps… with this client i get pretty much my full internet speed!!! 70 mbps!! awesome! found what i needed
- Essential app. This allows me to keep my phone connected to my home VPN with the minimum of fuss and maximum flexibility. Just one extra feature I’d like, though, is the ability to nominate some connected WiFi SSIDs (or BSSID MAC addresses) as triggering the VPN to pause.
- Imported my client configuration file even though it had some non-standard options. Very robust easy to see what is going on. Overall a great experience.
OpenVPN for Android 0.7.7 beta FILE INFORMATION
Version: 0.7.7 (160)
Filesize: 19.42 MB (20,365,995 bytes)
Min: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, API 14)
Uploaded: December 6, 2018 at 6:13AM
Download OpenVPN for Android 0.7.7 beta APK
- Download OpenVPN for Android 0.7.7 beta APK – 19.42 MB
OpenVPN for Android 0.7.6 beta
Filesize: 15.67 MB (16,427,121 bytes)
OpenVPN for Android 0.7.5
Filesize: 14.48 MB (15,183,107 bytes)